Your First 6 Months With Cassandra In Production
July 13 @ 6:00 pm
At Instaclustr we run Cassandra in the public cloud as a service, we also provide support and consulting to help companies running Cassandra who are not quite ready for the public cloud. In this talk I will run through getting ready to deploy Cassandra in production and what issues and challenges you may experience during the first 6 months of production.
This talk is aimed at experienced DBAs, DevOps and operations teams who might become accidental Cassandra DBAs and are looking to gain some critical knowledge to help them get through the first 6 months of a production Cassandra deployment, or for those who are just interested in hearing about a realistic journey for going into production with Cassandra. This talk will cover:
– High level overview of Cassandra and how it works
– Data model considerations
– Planning for production (setup, benchmarking, availability planning)
– Issues you may face in production and how to fix them.
The Speaker: Ben Bromhead, Chief Technology Officer
Ben Bromhead is the CTO of Instaclustr where he is responsible for working closely with his engineering team and customers to build highly available, scalable applications on top of Cassandra. Instaclustr is the only multi-cloud, self service Cassandra as a Service provider in the world and is dedicated to provider world class support.
5:45 – Doors Open, Pizza, Beverages, Networking
6:10 – Opening remarks
6:15 – Your First 6 Months With Cassandra In Production
RSVP & Arrival:
• Building security requires a government issued identification. • This even may be cross posted on other meetup groups. You’re not required to RSVP in more than one of the groups.
• Percona – Pizza, swag, speakers
• Vivid Seats – Event host, food, beverages
• O’Reilly – Speakers, books, discounts