- This event has passed.
DePaul’s Predictive Analytics Grad Student Capstone Projects
May 3 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
The Masters of Science in Predictive Analytics at Chicago’s DePaul University addresses the growing demand of data scientists that have the right blend of technical and analytical skills to meet the challenge of big data analytics. The curriculum emphasizes technical proficiency and practical experience, and provides students with advanced skills in data mining, multivariate statistics, machine learning, and database processing. On Wednesday, May 3rd, we will look at some of the projects coming out of this esteemed program including:
1. Application of Unsupervised Clustering Algorithms to Chicago Housing Segmentation
By Mak Hozo, Zahra Bakari, and Peigeng Li
2. Chicago Crime and Social Economics Analysis
By Shuang Ling, Bhanumathi Ramaiah
3. Making City Data Accessible: Project Clear Water
By Renel Chesak, Callin Obsborn
4. User-Guided Chair Form Generation
By Yuxuan Zhang
5. (Pending) Data Mining Using Middle School Learning Data
By Taihua Li, Taha Hamid, and Jennifer Baltes
And there will be pizza.