Academic medical centers face pressures not only in relation to patient care, but for delivering high quality education. Solving IT provided critical project management resources to solve this institution’s challenges with patient records.
Significant challenges were created by their (PACS) clinical software vendor’s inability to deliver the purchased product’s implementation on schedule, including delaying timelines and deliverables. Critical information to patient records was intermittent or inaccessible at times.
Solving IT provided project management expertise to bring the project back on track, including:
- creating a coherent project plan, workflows and processes.
- managing communication between all stakeholders, internal and external.
- managing the relationship between the vendor and the client.
- negotiating terms and solutions with the product vendor.
- Successful in producing the agreed upon deliverables.
Solving IT helped our client achieve improved patient care, physician and patient satisfaction, and a 25% savings on the overall cost of their medical imaging system by providing project management leadership on the project.